Tuesday, November 2

Colours

This morning I felt like I did in Thessaloniki a couple of years back... You see, I had cash flow problems for the past 10 days, and yesterday I got paid. This means that now I can buy smokes, go out on my lunch break, and be a happier individual in general. The situation reminded me of times in Greece when we ate spaghetti or potatoes since we couldn't afford anything else, and then shoveled gyro down our throats when we got cash...

Another thing that happened this morning (It is now 0930):
I was passing by a store that sells kids' school stuff, and the window was filled with pink bags, pink notebooks, pink book covers, pink shoes, pink _______, (you name it - it was there and it was pink). Sad. I mean, I understand that pink is/was the "in" color this season, but we have to draw a line somewhere...

Still no word from John. I'm worried. Thinking about calling his mum or dad...